Re: how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?

От nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com
Тема Re: how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Sat, 12 May 2001 22:18:52 GMT, nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com wrote:

>I read ll the documentation I can find in the PostgreSQL 7.1.1
>download and searched the web a dozen different ways but have not
>found the magic page that says how to install PostgreSQL ODBC in NT.
>Is there a page I am missing?
>
>There are lots of pages saying
>"I installed PostgreSQL ODBC and have this problem..."
>They typically refer to an old PostgreSQL or an independent ODBC
>driver.
>
>There is a psqlodbc.dll in one directory but not one line about what
>to run to be able to use it in ODBC.  MySQL installed their ODBC
>driver automatically with the Win32 binary. PostgreSQL documentation
>has a lot of hints that ODBC is available but not a line that says
>"run this" or "copy that".

Found it. I had to download an old ODBC to get the magic page.

Copy psqlodbc.dll to c:/winnt/system32
Find and run psqlodbc.reg (somewhere in distribution directories)

От: nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com
Сообщение: how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?
От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Re: how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?