Re: database clustering

От Joe Maldonado
Тема Re: database clustering
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have looked at this and this is not what I was looking for.  Using this the application will need to figure out how
tomerge records.  I was looking to be able to use something like the oracle syntax of host:database:schema:table within
sqlto service the queries.

-Joe

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:45:38 -0500, Mitch Pirtle <mitchy@spacemonkeylabs.com> wrote:

> Joe Maldonado wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I am planning a postgres database cluster.  Each database will be on it's own machine and I wanted to enable one as
thefrontend to the rest.  This is so that applications do not need to know which database contains what data.  Is there
away to configure postgres to communicate to other dbs via sql so as to be transparent to the user?  I know this can be
donein Oracle though I'd rather not go through that experience if I do not need to.