Re: [HACKERS] Interval subtracting

От PFC
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Interval subtracting
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> For same reasons, i.e. a need for precision, I find it hard to accept
> the idea of mixing positive and negative units in the same interval.
> The plus or minus sign should be outside of the interval.
The interval data type is really useful. I see no reason to restrict its
usefulness with an arbitrary constraint. Date arithmetic is treacherous
and INTERVAL is a lifesaver.
Forcing a global sign on the interval would break interval arithmetic.How would you compute '1 month'::interval - '1
week'::interval?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Errors ignored on restore
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Is there any way to stop triggers from cycling?