Re: [GENERAL] dump to pg

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] dump to pg
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Nicolas Paris schrieb am 31.05.2017 um 16:43:
> Hi,
>
> I have dumps from oracle and microsoft sql server (no more details). Is it possible to load them "directly" into
postgres (without oracle/mssql license)?
> dump -> csv -> postgtres
> or something ?

If those are binary dumps (e.g. a DataPump dump in Oracle or a "backup" in SQL Server), then the answer is no.
Only Oracle or SQL Server can read those files.

If they aren't too big, you might get away by installing the express edition of the respective DBMS, then import them
usingthe native tools, then export the data as CSV files.

Thomas