Re: Large Objects

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Large Objects
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Jürgen Purtz schrieb am 07.10.2016 um 21:31:
> - Types a) and b) are named identical in the standard and in Postgres
> (CHAR/VARCHAR). Data type c) is named CLOB in the standard and TEXT
> in Postgres.

>Why this different wording, if there is no real
> difference between the terms?

I guess because of historical reasons.

But if you need CLOB, then just define it:
  create domain clob as text;  create table foo (id integer, c1 clob);

Although I do agree that it would make sense to create CLOB as an alias for text and BLOB an alias for bytea.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: