Re: postgres failed to start from services manager on windows 2008 r2

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: postgres failed to start from services manager on windows 2008 r2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
PHANIKUMAR G schrieb am 01.10.2016 um 17:30:
> We then tried to start the service with the following changes.
>

>      a. we changed the "Log on as" type to "This account"
>      b. changed the account name to ".\<local account with admin privileges>"
>      c. And entered the password for this account and saved.
>
> After that we are able to start the postgresql service successfully.
>
> Found that the pg_log directory is created under data directory with postgres-Sep.log
>

> Why it is failing with local system account, the local system account
> is part of administrators group. If we specifically provide
> credentials to the service as explained above, service getting
> started. Please help me to understand what is causing.

Where is the data directory? And how did you create the data directory?

Check the privileges on the data directory.
This sounds as if the local system account does not have the privilege to write to the data directory.

The local system account (or "Administrator") don't have the privilege to read and write all files.
Those accounts only have the ability to give themselves these privileges.

Also: if I'm not mistaken, Postgres 9.3 creates the service with the "Local Network Service", not with "Local System
Account"

So how did you create the initial service?