Re: postgres failed to start from services manager on windows 2008 r2

От PHANIKUMAR G
Тема Re: postgres failed to start from services manager on windows 2008 r2
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,
Please help me on this issue, postgresql is failing to start from Windows services manager.

Below is the scenario we performed.

Verified services manager that postgresql service was registered and failed to start.

We tried to start the service manually and observed the following.

     a. fail to start the postgresql service.

     b. found that pg_log directory is not created under data directory.

     c. found that "log on as" type as "Local System account"

We then tried to start the service with the following changes.

     a. we changed the "Log on as" type to "This account"

     b. changed the account name to ".\<local account with admin privileges>"

     c. And entered the password for this account and saved.

After that we are able to start the postgresql service successfully.

Found that the pg_log directory is created under data directory with postgres-Sep.log

Why it is failing with local system account, the local system account is part of administrators group. If we specifically provide credentials to the service as explained above, service getting started. Please help me to understand what is causing.

Best regards
Phani Kumar