Re: libpq.so.1: cannot open shared object file

От Mark Worsdall
Тема Re: libpq.so.1: cannot open shared object file
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
In message <ak3r1h$2avn$1@news.hub.org>, Lee Harr
<missive@frontiernet.net> writes
>In article <cM5ulyLcQWZ9Ewmn@worsdall.demon.co.uk>, Mark Worsdall wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> postmaster is running ok.
>>
>> When I run psql I get the following error:
>>
>> psql
>> psql: error in loading shared libraries
>> libpq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> [root@jilldando pgsql]# ls lib
>> libecpg.a            libpgeasy.a          libpq++.a            libpq.a
>> libpsqlodbc.a        plperl.so
>> libecpg.so           libpgeasy.so         libpq++.so           libpq.so
>> libpsqlodbc.so       plpgsql.so
>> libecpg.so.3         libpgeasy.so.2       libpq++.so.4 libpq.so.2
>> libpsqlodbc.so.0
>> libecpg.so.3.3.0     libpgeasy.so.2.2     libpq++.so.4.0 libpq.so.2.2
>> libpsqlodbc.so.0.27
>>
>> Any ideas, I am lost.
>>

>You might try linking libpq.so.1 --> libpq.so
>with something along the lines of:
>
>ln -s libpq.so libpq.so.1
>
>You also need to make sure that the directory
>with those files is on your library path.
>On my FreeBSD machine I use ldconfig to set
>that up, and the database startup scripts
>that came with the port do it automatically
>when the system boots.

Turns out not all of the default old v6 rehat 5.1 by default installed
postgresql was still there, so I did a copy from the postgresql bin
folder to the /usr/bin/ folder overwriting any exisiting versions.

psql now works, I do have other problems but that is another fred.

M.

--
Mark Worsdall
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=LS79YHQ9VUGLJ