Re: bug report

От blacknoz@club-internet.fr
Тема Re: bug report
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Andreas,

----Message d'origine----
>Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:05:39 +0200
>De: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>
>A: blacknoz@club-internet.fr, Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>
>Copie à: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
>Sujet: Re: [pgadmin-support] bug report
>
>what is 1.0.2-2? While we might need to release maintenance versions
>much more often, we should try to have a consistent versioning over
>platforms, including fix tracking in changelog.txt. Maybe we shoul
>release a 1.0.3 very soon now.

1.0.2-2 is the release 2 of the Official Debian package. May be I should have insist a little more on what I do in
Debianpackage:
the first release (1.0.2-1) was the official 1.0.2 pgAdmin III with the fix for "Mule internal encoded DB" and the fix
forthe help system and some stuff in the install stage to be compliant with the Debian FHS.

1.0.2-2 was released to close a bug which was opened at debian.org concerning the crash. I simply included the patch
mentioned.

etc...
I'm about to upload 1.0.2-5 which corrects stuff specific to Debian copyright concerns and also includes the fix from
Hiroshito correct SQL highlights.

Concerning the fact that we should try to keep a sync versioning, I fully agree with this as I *do* understand that you
can'tbe aware of everything I do in Debian and that it can complexify bug tracking for you and other developers.
On the other side, I think that all bugs reported directly to Debian which can be rapidly corrected in the Debian
package(in particular crash bugs) should be corrected. I always took simple patches which were in general backported to
thestable branch by you or Dave and which were candidates for the next stable release so that I don't face a side
effect.

I think we should try to discuss about this with other pgadmin-hackers if you are ok. I don't want to be a new source
forproblems ;)

Concerning 1.0.3 I'm 150% for it as there are many crash bugs solved since actual 1.0.2.... May be we should review
reasonsfor maintenance release based on bug impact (crash and so on) ?

Regards,
Raphael