Re: Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non-PostgreSQLable machines

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non-PostgreSQLable machines
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Post <postjeff@uwm.edu> writes:

> I recently asked about adding DBD:PG to Novell and got the reply
> that it should be possible since novell supports DBI.
>
> However, Since I cannot install / build PostgreSQL on a novell
> machine I do not satisfy the requirments for building DMD:Pg.
>
> How can I add either of the mentioned perl modules to a machine that
> does not have the postgresql libraries?
>
> I have the libraries built on a linux/x86 box. Can I just copy them to the
> novell server( I 99.99999% sure the answer to this question is no)?

Nope.  You're either going to have to port the libraries to NetWare
(which might not be too hard) or write a "pure Perl" implementation of
DBD::Pg (one that speaks the backend protocol directly rather than
using the libraries).  The former is almost certainly less work.  I
know there was someone on -hackers working on a NetWare port; you
might want to search the archives for that list.

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught       Wireboard Industries      http://www.wireboard.com/

      Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
      Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...

Сообщение: Re: Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non
Сообщение: Re: Building perl mods pg:PG or DBD:PG on non