Re: Replication

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The world rejoiced as rodrigo_botana@hotmail.com ("Rodrigo Botana") wrote:
> There is any way to have a replication (master -> slave) whithout
> install anything on the slave computer. I ask this because i would
> like to have my website (that don't have any replication service
> avaliable) with the same information of my internal system.

As far as I am aware, the only replication system that works in that
manner is eRServer; it only requires the replication triggers to be on
the server.

It's fairly likely that Slony-I will be a better solution, although it
requires that stored procedures that include components in C be
available on all nodes.  That mandates having the Slony-I software
installed on your "slave" host.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/lisp.html