Re: Copying bytea data out via pgsql

От Edmund
Тема Re: Copying bytea data out via pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
lnunez@enelserver.com (Leonel Nunez) writes:

> John Wells wrote:
>
> >Guys,
> >
> >I have a number of jpegs and tiffs that are stored in a bytea field in a
> >PostgreSQL database by a Java program using Hibernate.
> >
> >I need to copy these out to a flat file via pgsql for viewing, etc.  I've
> >tried
> >
> >psql -c 'select binarydata_field from my_image_table where id=1' mydb >
> >flatfile
> >
> >but although that seems to provide the data it does not seem to pull it in
> >a valid image format.  Is there some special handling I need to do here?
> >

> You have on the    flatfile   info  about the query
> let's say leonel=> select count (*) from image;
>  count
> -------
>      1
> (1 row)
>

> you got    fieldname,   -------,     the image  and   ( 1 row )   on
> the flatfile   file
>
> you need to make a script to put the image  on that flatfile
> just read it as any query  and put the contents of that field  on the file
>
> I use this  little  Perl Script

or you could use some of the other options to psql,
e.g

psql -A -t -c "select ..."

From the man page:
       -A

       --no-align
              Switches to unaligned output mode. (The default output mode  is
              otherwise aligned.)

       -t

       --tuples-only
              Turn off printing of column names and result row count footers,
              etc. This is equivalent to the \t command.

You might also want to consider the -o filename  option