Re: autovacuum

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> i have PostgreSQL 8.1.2
>
> i want to enable autovacuum at my PostgreSQL 8.1.2  from postgresql.conf
> i've got 50-60 insert and/or update queries in a second in that case
> tables shouldn't be locked
> does autovacuum locks tables while vacuuming?

Of course it does; any request to access a relation will issue one or
more locks on the relation.

VACUUM issues an AccessShareLock request against each relation that is
vacuumed, which is probably nearly the same lock request your
applications will be requesting, save for the fact that they'll also
be submitting some RowExclusiveLock requests for individual rows of
relations.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/mvcc.html
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="gmail.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;