Re: ERROR: Tuple is too big: size 15880, max size 8140

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: ERROR: Tuple is too big: size 15880, max size 8140
Дата
Список pgsql-general
elwood@agouros.de (Konstantinos Agouros) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a table with just one column of type varchar which gives me from time
> to time (I guess when data is bigger then 8140 bytes) this message.
> select version() says:
>  PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66
> Besides Upgrading to 7.1 somebody has an idea about this?

PG 7.0 and earlier has a hard-coded limit on row size.  You can
increase the limit and recompile, but that requires you to dump all
your databases, initdb, and reload.  So you might as well upgrade...

-Doug
--
In a world of steel-eyed death, and men who are fighting to be warm,
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm.    -Dylan