Re: creating "user" table

От merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Тема Re: creating "user" table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris  <tomcat@weirdness.com> writes:

Chris> Hi,
Chris> This one is more for the developers, but other comments welcome.

Chris> Since we can't create a table called user in a normal database due to
Chris> the reserved keyword problem,

False precondition!

    template1=# create database demo;
    CREATE DATABASE
    template1=# \c demo
    You are now connected to database demo.
    demo=# create table "user" (name text, age int);
    CREATE
    demo=# \d
       List of relations
     Name | Type  | Owner
    ------+-------+--------
     user | table | merlyn
    (1 row)

    demo=# \d user
              Table "user"
     Attribute |  Type   | Modifier
    -----------+---------+----------
     name      | text    |
     age       | integer |

    demo=# insert into "user" values ('Randal', 39);
    INSERT 1034607 1
    demo=# insert into "user" values ('Russ', 38);
    INSERT 1034608 1
    demo=# insert into "user" values ('Ron', 35);
    INSERT 1034609 1
    demo=# select * from "user" order by age;
      name  | age
     Ron    |  35
     Russ   |  38
     Randal |  39
    (3 rows)

    demo=#

You can quote any reserved word to get any name you want.
You just need to think of the table name of demo as _ "demo" _.