Re: tweaking scan.l

От Manuel Sugawara
Тема Re: tweaking scan.l
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ben Kim <bkim@coe.tamu.edu> writes:

> Manuel Sugawara <masm ( at ) fciencias ( dot ) unam ( dot ) mx> wrote:
> >> Is there a way to completely turn off case sensitivity of the names
> >> of table, field, sequence, etc.?
> >No, i'm afraid not. But you can tweak scan.l to teach postgreSQL do
> >what you want.
>
> Many thanks. I want to ask a few questions, if you don't mind.

Ok, here is what I would do if I were facing your problem:

1.- Be sure that each identifier in the database catalogs doesn't
require the double quotes, for instance, for pg_class do something
like:

  update pg_class set relname = lower(relname) where relname <> lower(relname);

Do the same for pg_namespace, pg_attribute, etc.

2.- Teach scan.l to treat "Identifier" just as identifier, the
following patch against 7.3 will do the work

Regards,
Manuel.

Вложения