Re: Another small bug (pg_autovacuum)

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Another small bug (pg_autovacuum)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
matthew@zeut.net ("Matthew T. O'Connor") wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 15:57, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I assume the attached patch is what you want done to fix this.  Applied.
>>
>> It quotes table names for vacuum and analyze, and uppercases the
>> keywords for clarity.
>
> Yeah, this is basically what I meant, sorry I didn't get to it quicker.
>
> However, I tested it out a little and the patch you made doesn't work
> because it produces commands like:
>
> VACUUM ANALYZE "public.FooBar"
>
> Which doesn't work, so I made my own patch that creates commands like:
>
> VACUUM ANALYZE "public"."FooBar"
>
> This allows for mixed case schema names as well as tables.
>
> Adam, can you please give this a test as you are the person who caught
> the bug in the first place.

Something I am feeling a little suspicious of is that I haven't seen,
in the logs, pg_autovacuum looking at pg_ tables.

I know that if we don't periodically vacuum such system tables as
pg_class, pg_attribute, pg_statistic, and pg_type, they can get to
"pretty evil size."

[Rummaging around...]  These tables are being added for template1, but
apparently not for "main" databases.  That looks like a bit of a fly
in the ointment...
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "ntlug.org")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/rdbms.html