Re: Unable to connect to a specific database

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Unable to connect to a specific database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> I had to kill a vacuum in the middle with -9. I shut down and
> restarted the postgres server several times after that but I am unable
> to connect to the db that I was initially running vacuum on
> I'm doing "psql dbname" and it hangs for a while. I'm still
> waiting. Any ideas?

"Kill -9" is distinctly not recommended.

It is possible that you have corrupted the database by issuing "kill
-9."

You might want to look into what backups you have...
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','gmail.com').
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/nonrdbms.html