Re: Pseudo-Off-topic-survey: Opinions about future ofPostgresql(MySQL)?

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: Pseudo-Off-topic-survey: Opinions about future ofPostgresql(MySQL)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
gsw@globexplorer.com ("Gregory S. Williamson") writes:
> b) Informix is now part of IBM and is likely to be replaced by DB2
> over the next few years ... any bets on whether parts of Informix /
> Illustra / etc. migrate into some variant of open source ?

It's pretty clear that IBM bought out Informix in order to get the
customers and to try move them over to DB2.  "Open sourcing" Informix
would undermine that effort, so I wouldn't expect to see it happen any
time soon.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/x.html