Re: Replication options?

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Replication options?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
After a long battle with technology, JanWieck@Yahoo.com (Jan Wieck), an earthling, wrote:
> Another important difference is automatic replication of schema
> changes. This is a feature often asked for, and I have no idea where
> that wish comes from.

It actually looks like quite a positive thing to apply "univeral
schema" changes via something like the following:

EXECUTE SCRIPT (
    SET ID = 1,
    FILENAME = '2004-08-21-add-two-tables-and-7-indices.sql',
    EVENT NODE = 1
);

This approach imposes a certain amount of "discipline" on how things
are done, which seems like a feature, as opposed to a bug...
--
output = reverse("gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linux.html