Re: Replication options?

От Liam Lesboch
Тема Re: Replication options?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>From: "Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>
>To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann@yahoo.com>
>CC: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>,Liam Lesboch <liamlesboch@hotmail.com>,
>pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Replication options?
>Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:38:54 -0700
>

>>Granted...
>>Liam's bosses want something with a history of
>>successful use in a serious production situation, and
>>erServer at least has that.  Slony has been around for
>>too short a time to make that claim, yet.
>
>There is also Mammoth Replicator which is an integrated replication
>approach that does not require any triggers. It is a commercial product
>though.

Thank you for your info. Are there any differences of the trigger versus non
trigger systems? We are a commercial companie that has no products
(software) but have many servers. There is no BSD version of mamoth on the
website and we have many servers on BSD and the linux servers.

Does the Slony-I replications operation on BSD? Is there a reviews of the
Mammoth online?

Liam