Re: More on Too Many Open Files... NetBSD

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: More on Too Many Open Files... NetBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Ian Harding" <ianh@tpchd.org> writes:

> Having no idea what i am looking for, I find...
>
> bash-2.05$ ulimit -a
[...]
> open files                  64

This is pretty low.  Each PG backend can open a lot of files with a
large database.  I'd try cranking it up in the script that starts PG.

> bash-2.05$ sysctl kern.maxfiles
> kern.maxfiles = 1772

If this is the systemwide limit it also might be a bit low.  It's more
likely to be the ulimit that's biting you though.

-Doug
   --T. J. Jackson, 1863