Re: Is there a PostgresQL equivalent to the DESCRIBE

От Andrew G. Hammond
Тема Re: Is there a PostgresQL equivalent to the DESCRIBE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
If you want to see the SQL that psql uses to do this, \set ECHO_HIDDEN
or start psql with the -E option.

On Fri, 2001-12-14 at 19:09, Andrew Gould wrote:
> In psql, enter \d [table name].
>
> Best of luck,
>
> Andrew Gould
>
> --- "Peter E. Chen" <pchen3@jhmi.edu> wrote:
> > Hey All,
> >
> > I'm trying to display the schema to various tables.
> > In most other
> > databases, you can use the DESCRIBE keyword or the
> > SHOW keyword (I believe
> > this is a SQL99 keyword).  Is there an equivalent in
> > PostgresQL?
> >
> > Also, does PostgresQL have an equivalent to the
> > following:
> >
> > SHOW CREATE TABLE table_name
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > Peter

> or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

Andrew G. Hammond     mailto:drew@xyzzy.dhs.org
http://xyzzy.dhs.org/~drew/
56 2A 54 EF 19 C0 3B 43 72 69 5B E3 69 5B A1 1F
613-389-5481
5CD3 62B0 254B DEB1 86E0  8959 093E F70A B457 84B1
"To blow recursion you must first blow recur" -- me

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: More on Too Many Open Files... NetBSD
Сообщение: Re: More on Too Many Open Files... NetBSD