Re: java stored procedures

От Gunnar Rønning
Тема Re: java stored procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Barry Lind <barry@xythos.com> wrote:

| possible problems with your strategy).  Without knowing what exactly
| you are thinking of doing it is difficult to comment.

Agreed.

| Having one jvm that all the postgres backend processes communicate
| with makes the whole feature much more complicated, but is necessary
| in my opinion.

I'm not quite sure if I agree here. Startup time is not an issue if you are
using connection pooling on the client and memory is cheap ;-) Having
a separate process would indeed introduce overhead where you don't want
it. In the critical path when executing queries.

| I am very interested in hearing what your plans are for pl/java.  I
| think this is a very difficult project, but one that would be very
| useful and welcome.

I would very much like to hear about the plans myself.

--
Gunnar Rønning - gunnar@polygnosis.com
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/