Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful
Дата
Re: max_standby_delay considered harmful  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> It would be easier to implement a conflict resolution plugin that is
> called when a conflict occurs, allowing users to have a customisable
> mechanism. Again, I have no objection to that proposal.

To implement, if you say so, no doubt. To use, that means you need to
install a contrib module after validation that the trade offs there are
the one you're interested into, or you have to code it yourself. In C.

I don't see that as an improvement over what we have now. Our main
problem seems to be the documentation of the max_standby_delay, where we
give the impression it's doing things the code can not do. IIUC.

Regards,
--
dim