Re: Fix corner case for binary upgrade: extension functions in pg_catalog.

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Fix corner case for binary upgrade: extension functions in pg_catalog.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <post@gwene.org> writes:
> Fix corner case for binary upgrade: extension functions in pg_catalog.

Do we only want to care about functions here?  What about the following?
 CREATE EXTENSION hstore WITH SCHEMA pg_catalog;

When not doing binary upgrade, this will issue the right pg_dump
command, but it seems to me that you're saying that binary upgrades in
such a case would be a problem still.

> Normally, pg_dump summarily excludes functions in pg_catalog from
> consideration.  However, some extensions may create functions in pg_catalog
> (adminpack already does that, and extensions for procedural languages will
> likely do it too).  In binary-upgrade mode, we have to dump such functions,
> or the extension will be incomplete after upgrading.  Per experimentation
> with adminpack.
>
> * [DBH] src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c

Regards,
--