Re: Extensions support for pg_dump, patch v27

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions support for pg_dump, patch v27
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
>> I've spotted a comment that I think you missed updating.  The schema
>> given in the control file is now created in all cases rather than only
>> when the extension is not relocatable, right?
>
> Hm, no, that logic is the same as before no?

Well I had
    if (!control->relocatable && control->schema != NULL)

And you have

+     else if (control->schema != NULL)

So you're considering the schema option independently of the relocatable
option, which is ok because you changed those options defaults and
conflicts in the control file parsing.  Only the comment needs adjusting.

> I removed it --- it wasn't documented and I didn't see much point anyway
> in a \d command that just duplicates a system view, especially a view
> only usable by superusers.

It used to not be a straight select from system view, and I wanted to
offer something as simple as clicking a check box in pgadmin for people
who want to see what's available and install it.  But well, the system
view is good enough now I guess, we're talking about DBA here after all.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine