Re: Use a separate pg_depend.deptype for extension membership?

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Use a separate pg_depend.deptype for extension membership?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
>> Do you really think the new dependency type has to be re-usable easily
>> in the future?  DEPENDENCY_EXTENSION ('e') would look fine by me.
>
> Hmm ... Haas suggested that too, but to me it seems confusing: which way
> does such a dependency point?  But if others don't find it so, I'm
> willing to go with the majority.

Well the behavior we want is the same as the DEPENDENCY_INTERNAL one, in
about all cases (e.g. DROP SCHEMA CASCADE).  So I think it'd be easier
to stick with doing it the same.  And then the need for specializing the
dependency kind name just raises too…

My 2¢ anyway,
--
Dimitri Fontaine