Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> and use the equivalent of SET LOCAL in the CREATE EXTENSION code?
>
> I had assumed that that was how he was doing it ...

I'm currently doing:SetConfigOption("client_min_messages", "warning", PGC_SUSET, PGC_S_SESSION);

And then manually reverting to what was there before the command:SetConfigOption("client_min_messages", old_cmsgs,
PGC_SUSET,PGC_S_SESSION);

The thing is that CREATE EXTENSION can be part of a transaction, so even
SET LOCAL ain't going to work here, we need to reset before continuing
the transaction. I don't know that SET LOCAL is RESET after a savepoint,
so we would still need to care about that "by hand", right?

--
Dimitri Fontaine