Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Extensions vs PGXS' MODULE_PATHNAME handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Right, the basic difficulty here is exactly that in a Makefile that's
> building multiple shlibs, there is no easy way to decide which shlibs go
> with which sql scripts.  The existing implementation essentially relies
> on the base name of the sql script matching the base name of the shlib.
> Adding a single-valued shlib property wouldn't improve matters at all.

My take here is to way that in this case, the current (9.1) way to deal
with the situation is to have multiple extensions when you have multiple
shlibs.  After all we know that multiple extensions from the same
Makefile works, thanks to contrib/spi (I mean extension/spi).

And we even have inter-extensions dependencies in 9.1, so that's
friendly enough I think.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine