archives, attachments, etc (was: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index)

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема archives, attachments, etc (was: Patch to add a primary key using an existing index)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I wish we could get the archive processor to provide access to the
> attachments even if they have a MIME type of text/whatever. That's a
> horrid inefficiency. Maybe we could restrict it to text attachments
> that have a Content-Type with a name attribute that contains the
> string 'patch', or a similar Content-Disposition filename attribute.

I wish our super admins would have some time to resume the work on the
new archives infrastructure, that was about ready for integration if not
prime time:
 http://archives.beccati.org/pgsql-hackers/message/276290

As you see it doesn't suffer from this problem, the threading is not
split arbitrarily, and less obvious but it runs from a PostgreSQL
database. Yes, that means the threading code is exercising our recursive
querying facility, as far as I understand it.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine