Re: Installation Questions (FreeBSD / Windows / Postgres 9)

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Installation Questions (FreeBSD / Windows / Postgres 9)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Panos Katergiathis <eyeprotocol@gmail.com> writes:
> Unfortunately, it has been a while since i last compiled and installed
> Postgresql on Linux machines. I remember that selecting the proper
> locale and encoding for the database cluster was a matter to be
> decided at built time. Is it still so for version 9?

No, see CREATE DATABASE documentation here:

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9/static/sql-createdatabase.html

CREATE DATABASE name
    [ [ WITH ] [ OWNER [=] user_name ]
           [ TEMPLATE [=] template ]
           [ ENCODING [=] encoding ]
           [ LC_COLLATE [=] lc_collate ]
           [ LC_CTYPE [=] lc_ctype ]
           [ TABLESPACE [=] tablespace ]
           [ CONNECTION LIMIT [=] connlimit ] ]

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Disk Performance Problem on Large DB
Сообщение: Re: Disk Performance Problem on Large DB