Re: walreceiver fallback_application_name

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: walreceiver fallback_application_name
Дата
Re: walreceiver fallback_application_name  (Bernd Helmle <mailings@oopsware.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is "walreceiver" something that "the average DBA" is going to realize
> what it is? Perhaps go for something like "replication slave"?

I think walreceiver is very good here, and the user is already
confronted to such phrasing.
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-MAX-WAL-SENDERS

Also, we're about to extend the technique usage in some other places
such as integrated base backup facility and default archiving solution,
so let's talk about what it's doing, not what for.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine