Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: WIP: Allow SQL-language functions to reference parameters by parameter name
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(oops this mail never reached out, it seems, resending)

> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Yeah, I've come round to that position too.  I think allowing
>> parameter names to be checked only after query names is probably
>> the best answer.
>
> That seems the most useful and least surprising approach to me.

Allow me to disagree.  I don't want to recheck all my SQL functions
whenever I ALTER TABLE … ADD|DROP|RENAME COLUMN …;

We don't even have a nice way to list functions dependencies towards
objects that are part of their body to help me out here, or do we?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine