NOT {NULL|DEFERRABLE} (was: bug in 7.0)

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема NOT {NULL|DEFERRABLE} (was: bug in 7.0)
Дата
Re: NOT {NULL|DEFERRABLE} (was: bug in 7.0)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Don Baccus <dhogaza@pacifier.com> writes:
> > This is probably related to Lockhart's changes to allow
> > not null/not deferrable to work (foreign key stuff).
>
> Yeah, we need a better answer for NOT DEFERRABLE.  Thomas just did a
> quick & dirty kluge to allow testing of foreign keys, but as you see
> it's broken a number of other things...
>
> I still like the idea of turning NOT NULL into a single token before
> it gets to the grammar, but Thomas was dissatisfied with that plan.
   I  would  be able to undo Thomas' changes to the parser (plus   your fix for SEQUENCE) and put our idea  of  token
lookahead  into instead. The changes are locally to gram.y, and anything   works as expected.

   It's a kludge too, mucking around with a
       #define yylex() pg_yylex()
   at the  beginning,  then  later  #undef'ining  it  again  and   creating  a  function pg_yylex() that calls the real
yylex().  Since we insist on bison and ship a gram.c  for  the  others,   There can't be any portability problems.

   I'd  like  to  discuss  this  with Thomas on the phone before   committing, but IIRC he's off right now. So  what
do others   think?

Jan

От: Andrzej Mazurkiewicz
Сообщение: [HACKERS] Re: Interested in writing a PostgreSQL article?
От: Don Baccus
Сообщение: Re: NOT {NULL|DEFERRABLE} (was: bug in 7.0)