Re: [HACKERS] PC Week PostgreSQL benchmark results posted online (fwd)

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PC Week PostgreSQL benchmark results posted online (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tim Dyck asked me to forward this on to the list.
>
> *****************************
>
> FYI, the story is available online at:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2436153,00.html
>
> As I think I have mentioned, I would like to review PostgreSQL 7.0 when it
> goes gold, so if someone could let me know when it is available, that
> would be much appreciated.
   And that'll be an interesting one. Just looked into the MSSQL   7.0 docs today.  They  don't  have  referential
actions! So   something  like ON UPDATE CASCADE/... must be implemented the   hard way as triggers.  Need to look it up
onceagain tomorrow   to see if constraints can be deferred or not.

   On  this detail, we already left at least one (and definitely   not the smallest) commercial database behind on  the
way  to   SQL3.

   Can someone take a look at Interbase, Oracle and others about   it?

Jan

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] psql and Control-C
От: Chris Bitmead
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] libpq