Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] NOTICE: LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Keith Parks <emkxp01@mtcc.demon.co.uk> writes:
> > > Since the new parallel regression tests I've always had a few
> > > lock NOTICE messages like the following.
> >
> > Interesting --- I had not run the parallel test for a while,
> > but I tried it just now and got half a dozen of these:
> >  NOTICE:  LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
> > (Otherwise the tests all passed.)
> >
> > Something's been broken fairly recently.  Does anyone have an
> > idea what changed?
>
> Good question.  I can't imagine what it would be.  We didn't do much,
> and parallel regression is not that old.

    While  building  the parallel test, I've ran the tests dozens
    of times to figure out which tests can be run grouped,  which
    not. Haven't seen such a message while doing so.

    Also,  I used it after another dozen times without. Now I see
    them too.  So I assume it was a recent change that introduced
    the problem.

    And  if  not,  much better. Would show that running all tests
    serialized had hidden a bug for a long time.

Jan