Re: [INTERFACES] Data Migration

От D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Data Migration
Дата
Re: [INTERFACES] Data Migration  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Список pgsql-interfaces
Thus spake Roderick A. Anderson
> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
> > No; in Postgres, different databases are different universes ... and
> > there are no wormholes in SQL ;-).
>
> Does SQL92 say no wormholes?  Is it a major pain to code this?  I've got
> no complaints as I can see ways to do it from the application level.

I don't know what SQL92 says and. like you, I have easy ways to do this
at the app level but for what it's worth, here's a suggested syntax
for this in case someone want to implement it.

And use it as

OPEN DATABASE db1 HOST 'other.what.com';
SELECT * FROM mytab, db1.othertab yourtab   WHERE mytab.f1 = yourtab.f1;

or

SELECT mytab.f1, db1.yourtab.f2, ...

The TYPE attribute allows for opening other databases such as Oracle, etc.