Re: [HACKERS] VIEW definitions broken in 6.5.0

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] VIEW definitions broken in 6.5.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Hey hackers -
> I don't know if this is fixed in 6.5.1 or not, but the definition field
> in the pg_views system table is broken in 6.5.0, and this breaks view
> editing in pgaccess. The problem is that table qualifications are left
> off the fieldnames in both the SELECT clause and the WHERE clause. Minimal
> example given below:

Oh,

    I see the problem. It is because the rule backparsing utility
    prints the relation name only if it is referenced by  another
    name (... FROM t1 X, ...).

    I'll change it in the v6.5 tree to print it allways. For v6.6
    I'll work on rule recompilation which  requires  storing  the
    original query text and will avoid that problem entirely.

Jan