"24" < INT_MIN returns TRUE ???

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема "24" < INT_MIN returns TRUE ???
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

    did     anyone     compile     latest    CVS    with    v1.31
    utils/adt/numutils.c?

    Marc activated some range checks in pg_atoi() and now I  have
    a very interesting behaviour on a Linux box running gcc 2.8.1
    glibc-2.

    Inside of pg_atoi(), the value is read into a long. Comparing
    a  small positive long like 24 against INT_MIN returns TRUE -
    dunno how.  Putting INT_MIN into another  long  variable  and
    comparing  the  two  returns  the  expected FALSE - so what's
    going on here? long, int32 and int have all 4 bytes here.

    Someone any clue?

Jan