Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Feature list and summary

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Feature list and summary
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > I'm a bit surprised. I thought there would be a 6.4.3. When will 6.5 be
> > released?
> >
> > > system.  This is all preformed without having to allocate a lock for
> >
> > ....performed...
> >
> > > Numeric data type:  We now have a true numeric data type, with
> > > user-specified precision.
> >
> > I thought this was not in 6.5. I was communicating with Jan Wieck who
> > said he didn't have the time to do it for release 6.5.
>
> We are not releasing a 6.4.3.  We decided that if we didn't do a lot of
> testing, it may be less stable than 6.4.2, and we didn't want to expend
> time on testing when we should be working on 6.5.

    NUMERIC  is in v6.5. But it is not the final implementation I
    wanted.  Sometimes I'll implement it again from scratch.  The
    new  implementation will be a true replacement where only the
    internal storage format changes.  It will store the value  as
    short  integers  with  base  10000 what's looking strange for
    human beeings but is much better for fast computations.

Jan