Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> >     It's a wooden box with some water looking ground - right. The
> >     continents sit on a glass surface above. Actually I'm playing
> >     around  with  some  bump  mapping  on the glass so it will be
> >     better visible. And there where some errors in the  images  I
> >     used for mapping, better soon.
>
> Jan, can I recommend you change the perspective of viewing the globe
> from southern to northern.  Because we are mostly in the northern
> hemisphere, a perspective change would make that area larger, like
> Europe.

    I  tried  that, but the nails in europe are packed that close
    that they hide each other then. Wasn't easy to find  a  point
    of view where everyone is visible.

    I'll  first create a magnifying glass over europe as sample 2
    :-)

    The next I'll try is a flat map directly looked at from above
    with  all  the names put with arrows onto a transparent layer
    above. That would make overlib/JavaScript  obsolete!  But  it
    requires that the names are readable at last.

Jan