Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)  (Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii@sra.co.jp>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers

> >         http://www.postgresql.org/~wieck/index.html
> >
> Woh.  I didn't know what ratracing was, but I know I like it.  Certainly
> jumps out at you.  Is it in a paper tray?

    Do  a reload.  Just to show you what "HIGH QUALITY" rendering
    means.

    It's still the same scene - just the  border  of  the  box  a
    little  higher, the glass better visible and sized to 600x300
    (to better fit on the  page).   This  time  rendered  with  a
    sampling  rate of 5^2 per pixel (so per pixel 25 eye rays are
    shot into the scene). Including all  shadowing,  transparency
    and  reflection  a  total  of  over 20 million rays have been
    traced (for a picture with 180,000 pixels)!

    Those pictures are CPU killers. A 333 MHz  Celeron  needs  20
    minutes to finish that one.

    Remember,  it's a 100% virtual picture. Not one single detail
    is from a scanned photo or the like.

Jan