RE: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of f rying pan, into fire)

От Michael Davis
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of f rying pan, into fire)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Speaking of decode, this would be another valuable function to have.
-----Original Message-----From:    Ross J. Reedstrom [SMTP:reedstrm@rice.edu]Sent:    Tuesday, March 16, 1999 4:59
PMTo:   hackers@postgreSQL.orgSubject:    Re: [HACKERS] Associative Operators?  (Was: Re:

[NOVICE] Out of frying  pan, into fire)
Clark Evans wrote:> <snipped discussion of 'something || NULL ' returning non-NULL>
> However, I'm unaware of any other exceptions in the Oracle> database on this issue.  I believe that user defined
functions>are not allowed to have special NULL treatment -- perhaps> Oracle has DECODE and NVL hard coded deep in the
gutsof> their query processor, while the other functions arn't.> > Would a compromise be to add DECODE and NVL ?

What do DECODE and NVL do?
Ross-- Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm@rice.edu> NSBRI Research Scientist/ProgrammerComputer and Information
TechnologyInstituteRice University, 6100 S. Main St.,  Houston, TX 77005

От: Michael Davis
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] Associative Operators? (Was: Re: [NOVICE] Out of f rying pan, into fire)
От: jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Developers Globe (FINAL)