Re: [HACKERS] Developers globe

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Developers globe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> >     What about this one:
> >
> >         http://www.postgresql.org/~wieck/test.html
> >

> I like the dots.  Perhaps larger.

    Larger dots, larger image. It's 10595 bytes now.

> Can you do longitute/latitude with that map.  Is it linear in both
> directions.  Usually such linear maps look terrible because Greenland
> and Northern Canada are huge.  Don't tell me you compensated for it in
> the tcl code.

    The  map was draw using the coordinates from xearth. So it is
    long/lat based and thus I can.

    It isn't linear in the x-direction. It uses  a  sine-function
    to shrink the X down the farer it's away from 0 meridian.

    Currently it isn't using the latitude to give it an ellipsian
    touch.  But I could modify the algorithm that  converts  from
    xearth's x,y,z coordinates to the map's x,y.

> Can you use the more attractive map I am using.  Your blinking dots and
> highlighted names are certainly better than my map.

    That  would  loose the long/lat capability (except it already
    has it).  And it would blow up the image size again,  because
    for  the animation at least two different gifs must be in it.

Jan