Re: [HACKERS] Developers globe

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Developers globe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > > Looks great!!
> >
> > Hate to be the wet blanket...throw another one of those 'Nova dots' onto
> > Europe, and Europe will sink :(  It sort of reminds me of those old movies
> > dealing with Nuclear WAr..."New Brunswick, Canada...totally wiped' out,
> > Maine, USA...like it never existed, England...WWI and WWII failed, where
> > PostgreSQL succeseds" *grin*
>
> OK, smaller stars, and fewer.  Should I continue in this direction, or
> try something else?

    Actually  I'm  hacking  a  little  around.  Up  to  now  I've
    extracted the coords of the  world  map  out  of  xearth  and
    produced  a  600x250  GIF  as  a  flat map. Having only a few
    colors it's about 6K small.

    Now I'm looking for spec's on animated GIF's.  If  I  finally
    understand  how  they  are  created,  I  could build a little
    Tcl/Tk application where you can enter location (long/lat  or
    lookup  by  city) and the text to popup and Tk will create an
    animated GIF where the locations  are  small  blinking  dot's
    plus the required image map etc.

    Just give me another day for an example.

Jan