Re: [HACKERS] Small patches in copy.c and trigger.c

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Small patches in copy.c and trigger.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > > You are absolutely right.  Sorry Magnus.  The COPY complaint I heard
> > > obviously was not from this.
> > >

> >     If we don't discover any errors on COPY FROM after some days,
> >     I think I should fix it in REL6_4 too.
> >
> >     Do we plan to release v6.4.3 sometimes? If so, are there  any
> >     neat things I could add to the v6.4.3 feature patch?
>
> You mean your fixes, right.  Magnus's stuff was only in current, and is
> fixed now.

    That one in COPY.

    But  the  other  one  in  ExecBRDeleteTriggers()  is still in
    place.  If  a  trigger  returns  something  it  created  with
    SPI_copytuple() (what's done for PL/pgSQL triggers allways if
    returning NEW or OLD), that heap_tuple isn't pfree()'d  until
    transaction end.

    Since  it's  safe to throw it away I'll go ahead and put that
    into REL6_4.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof