Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Postgres Speed or lack thereof
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > >     Since  the  bigger  blocks  are  built on top of the existing
> > >     memory context model, it would not conflict with any enhanced
> > >     usage we could make with it.
> > >
> > >     I include a patch at the end - please comment.
> > >

> > > Jan
> >
> >     Did anyone play around with it? I've had it installed now for
> >     some days and it work's well so far.
> >
> >     How close are we to v6.5 BETA? Should I apply it to  CURRENT?
>

> Good question.  I am done with temp tables, so Vadim makes the call on
> when to start beta.

    Now I'm placing another LOCK request (waiting for Vadim).

    The  problem  with  constraints  in  ExecRelCheck() I've just
    found  not  only  affects   COPY.   It   also   occurs   with
    INSERT...SELECT   or  big  UPDATE's.  Constraints  with  many
    affected tuples eat up backend memory quickly  until  out  of
    swap space.

    This  fix  must  go into CURRENT and REL6_4 before we release
    v6.5 or v6.4.3 either. There are actually reports from  users
    not able to reload dumps made with v6.4.2.

Jan