Re: [ADMIN] Running Postgres on a HP-Ux 10.10 System

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Running Postgres on a HP-Ux 10.10 System
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> Hi Maarten,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know about the crashes, but try using 'SELECT'
> > instead of 'SALACT' (where the hell did you get *that*
> > from??).
> >

> Well. I never tried SALACT. I wanted to express that if one would
> do so the backend would die abnormally on the HP-Ux system.
> (On a Linux system I do not see this behaviour.)
>
> If you want a more real life example: The int2 regression test
> creates also two SQL errors. Once it tries to insert something like
> 'abfdgd' into an in2 field. Since the int2 test tries twice to "fool" the
> database the backend dies abnormally. For this reason I cannot
> get any result from the regression test and I do not know if I can
> rely on my Postgres Installation.
>
> Kind regards,
> Reiner Nippes

    So  any  multiple  occurence  of  parse  errors  crashes your
    backend.  Can you get coredump from the crashing backend  (if
    the  postmaster  is started from a shell where coresize limit
    is unlimited you should find one in  the  database  directory
    after the crash)?

    Could  you  then please produce a stack backtrace with gdb so
    we might be able to track the problem down?

    And please save the core file once you have it. We might have
    further questions.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Running Postgres on a HP-Ux 10.10 System
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Running Postgres on a HP-Ux 10.10 System