Re: [HACKERS] copy

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] copy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Sferacarta Software <sferac@bo.nettuno.it> writes:
> > I have a strange behavior while copying from a text file, I don't know
> > if this will be considered a bug or a feature.
> > Seems that COPY expects that last field is 20 char long and if it is
> > less than 20 it becomes crazy.
>
> I cannot replicate this bug with 6.4.  What version are you using?

    I can, but it isn't a bug! At least not one in the backend.

    The  file must contain CRLF at the end of a line instead of a
    single LF.

    The data is absolutely intact in the database  including  the
    CR  for those lines, where the second fields value is shorter
    than 20 chars. It's just psql(1) who's output  get's  mangled
    up.

Jan